PDK is an educational organization which started over a hundred years ago as Phi Delta Kappa, a fraternity. Over 35000 members worldwide provide a powerful network for its members through research, leadership and service - globally and locally...
Education Matters - And that's why PDK!
PDK develops a sense of belonging to the exciting endeavour of education – locally, nationally, internationally. PDK is the only organization dedicated to publicly funded education which reaches out to the great variety of roles, levels and jobs in education.
Benefits flow both ways: to and from the society, the educator, and the students from the areas of Research, Service and Leadership.
Educators at each stage in their career will benefit from membership in PDK. (Membership Benefits)
Research Series # 1 - Stress in School and in Life
Date: Thursday, November 27, 2014
Time: 7:00 - 9:15 PM
Location: OISE - room 2-211
Who: Nobu Chern-Warwick, Danforth CTI
Email to register: email@example.com
This FREE event!
Research Series Flyer - Click Here!
WHY JOIN PDK?
- Beginning teachers get assistance through the myriad of activities that are new to them.
- Learning skills critical to new teachers
- Mid-Career teachers and administrators are rejuvenated by interacting with other colleagues in their field, while pursuing their own development.
- Access to research to inform practice
- Capacity building aligned to the classroom and school
- Veterans deepen their own understanding while mentoring newer colleagues and enjoying the exchange.
- Opportunities for mentoring
- Capacity building
- Interaction with other professional organizations
- Students benefit in various ways.
- Scholarships and awards
- Community and volunteer hours
- Build leadership skills
- Explore educational and career opportunities through mentoring
As it has for the past century, PDK strives to prepare the next generation of educators as well as to serve practicing teachers, administrators, college educators, and those concerned about public education through a wide range of innovative initiatives based on visionary leadership, relevant research, and dedicated service.
For more information about our chapter, please contact the Chapter President, Tim Rudan at: firstname.lastname@example.org